Aly (Fantasy4eva)'s Reviews > Fury

Fury by Elizabeth  Miles

Aug 10, 11

bookshelves: conflicted-thoughts, what-happened-to-you, received-for-review
Recommended for: Paranormal lovers.
Read on July 24, 2011

It's engrossing, fast paced and quite creepy at times, or maybe I just scare easy?

But there's a lot of "ehhh" instances also. Our protagonist Em for one constantly makes excuses for herself. Like when she doesn't really hold back or push her best friends boyfriend Zach away. Actually she's more than willing to have a nice little fling when her best friend has gone on holiday and tries to justify it over and over again by claiming to be in love.

Puh -lease. Give me a break. Cheating is something that seems to be a lot more consistent in this genre so I can't say I'm all that surprised. Em was spoilt and very selfish; she's hard to like really.

Then we have Chase whose only aim is to hook up with as many girls as possible. Apparently his background is supposed to justify his suckish ways too, what is with that?

The Fury's were the only interesting concept really, and managed to keep me on my toes. Also, regarding to who our MC chooses in the end; romance - wise was so sudden and random that it was completely silly and unbelievable. I think I'm being harsh though because as much as I had my nit picks - if you ignore some of the characters - the book is very easy to divulge into and can be enjoyable even.

I'm going to re - read this before reviewing this on the blog which will be closer to the release date and it will be in more detail.

Full review to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fury.

Wendy Darling So not a fan of this book. You're much more dedicated than I, to read it twice!

Aly (Fantasy4eva) LOL I wouldn't normally do that but I'm kind of stuck in the middle and I want to be fair as possible. On one hand it was your typical paranormal with typical paranormal ciches which annoyed me, but then it was also quite easy to get into and more more bearable than your average paranormal. I was creeped out a few times by the fury's so that put it one notch up for me. What bothered you about the book? :)