Tee loves Kyle Jacobson's Reviews > Devour

Devour by Shelly Crane

Nov 01, 2011

Read in October, 2011

Warning: This book will devour you!

My Rating: 10 of 10!

My Cover Thoughts: I love the cover! Shelly has done it again with an amazing cover! It is of a girl and a guy just lying in the grass just staring up into the sky looking at something. They are looking at something that makes them happy because they are smiling.

My Thoughts/Review: Shelly Crane has done it again. This series will have you on the edge of your seat. She sets the background in a world where hurt and devastation is all around. People will have to make choices and stand by the decision they make. Some people will gain friends and others will lose friends. Love is always there but is it real or fake?

Would you be able to stand against your friends? Would you stand up for someone you never hung out with? Would you hurt someone’s feelings just because everyone else did? Standing up to the school bullies is never easy enough but will you be devoured or will you be doing the devouring?

What happens when Clara falls for Eli? Will she love him or will he love her? Is he right for her or wrong for her? Will they be together? Clara already has a boyfriend she loves but will he be enough. Read on to find out what happens and see if you too will be devoured?

Memorable Quotes: ―I‘ve been called a tease before, I muttered thinking about Tate and then regretting it.
―You are not a tease. I asked for it didn‘t I? I won‘t get the wrong idea, I‘m glad to spend any time with you I can get. Sometimes...a kiss is just that.
I pulled him back to me and let him ravish my mouth furiously, turning in my seat to reach him better. His breaths were huffing like we were running a marathon and he groaned several times as my skin heated and he absorbed the want I felt for him and my happiness at the situation for the moment. It was odd to think that I was essentially feeding him what he needed to survive. When I ran my hand through his hair his grip tightened on me and he pulled me closer and I let him kiss me deeper.
I let him devour me.

Advice: Devour this book before it Devours You!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devour.

Quotes Tee loves Kyle Jacobson Liked

Shelly Crane
“Maybe he doesn’t want to go back,” I countered. “Maybe he likes it here.”
“With a snack like you hanging on his sleeve, I’m sure he does,” he replied wryly.”

Shelly Crane
“You didn’t introduce your little cupcake to me. How rude, especially after I’ve tasted her lips and her fright, her want.” He licked his lips again and smiled at me. “All were delicious.”

Shelly Crane
“You have to make your own happy. You can’t depend on other people for that.”

Shelly Crane
“I chose you, Clara, and you chose me. End of story.”

Shelly Crane
“I love how guys say 'it meant nothing' like that's supposed to make it all ok. You only stopped because you got caught.”

Shelly Crane
“You may not have realized what it meant, but somehow, you made the decision subconsciously... that you wanted to keep me.”

Shelly Crane
“I want to... go everywhere, see everything. I want to go with you anywhere you'll take me... and I want you to want to take me with you.”

Shelly Crane
“You chose me, I chose you. End of story.”

Shelly Crane
“You saved me from my life.”
Shelly Crane, Devour

Fathima Doesnt this look really exciting ??? Cant wait to read this :)

Theresa Awesome review. I can't wait to get into this book...

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson Thanks guys this book is EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theresa I'm reading it now and I'm about 85% throught it. I had to force myself to put it down last night to get some sleep for work. I completely agree epic :)
I LOVE Shelly Crane, she is the shiz, LOL

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson Theresa,
This series is another great one by Shelly. She is so talented and this book left me speechless and breathless all in one. I NEED the second one ASAP!

Happy Reading :)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko I just ordered this book. It sounds so good Tee.

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson We will buddy read this together! How have you been? I have been playing nurse to the hubby all week and I am EXHAUSTED! Lord he had surgery twice this week and man oh man I am so tired. I have not read or done reviews I am so dang behind.

Karen Such a great review!! All those questions are sooo true to ask yourself lol

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson Thanks Karen I loved this book. I need to read the second one.

Wren [t(he)y] What is the supernatural creature in this?