Bailey (IB Book Blogging)'s Reviews > Two-Way Street

Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

Two-Way Street is a dramatic and intelligently written contemporary novel that made me realize again just what a fantastic author Barnholdt is. She knows how to get readers' emotions going and create sizzling chemistry between two very complicated and heart-broken teens. After two amazing novels in a row, Barnholdt is a shoe-in for my list of favorite authors!

Courtney is a sensitive, kind-hearted girl who is still nursing a broken heart from Jordan's sudden break-up with her. I was a little shocked that she still planned to go on the road trip to college with Jordan, but in the end it did make sense. I could feel how much she still loved Jordan and how upset she was that they couldn't be together anymore. I wanted to smack Jordan over the head for causing Courtney such pain, but I knew there had to be more to the story. And boy was there a complicated and messed up story surrounding their break-up!

Even though I wanted to hate Jordan, it was so hard to when I got to read some of the book from his point of view. I could tell that he still loved Jordan and that whatever made him break things off between them was serious. Jordan may have acted like a playboy and a total jerk towards Courtney, but I could see that underneath he was a total sweetheart who would do anything he could to protect Courtney. I could feel his pain and I hurt for him just as much as Courtney.

Even though Two-Way Street has its tear-jerking moments, Barnholdt threw in some characters who made for some much needed comic relief. Jordan's friend B.J is crazy and hilarious! There are two memorable scenes in the book involving him that had me laughing out loud! All that I will tell you is that they involve Leprechauns and car tailing. Courtney's friend is equally funny and is involved in one of these scenes!

Two-Way Street is an honest and heartfelt novel that you need to pick up! I can guarantee that you will become a fan of Barnholdt's (and her characters)!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two-Way Street.