Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > The Captain's Beloved

The Captain's Beloved by Scarlet Blackwell

Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

On the very first page, Captain Kane Kessler comes at Joshua in supercharged inferno of white-hot sexual heat. And it just gets better from there.

I just love Josh. He’s such a well-crafted character. A handsome, sexy yet somewhat nerdy bookworm. He’s sweet, funny and so touchingly giddy over the captain. Yet he’s all man; there’s nothing feminine about him. Ms. Blackwell has certainly mastered the art of creating complex masculine characters.

This story has all the humor and emotion that made The Captain’s Man so enjoyable. It’s a very novel feeling to laugh so hard while at the same time feeling my heart contract over what the characters are going through. Poignantly funny is the best way to describe it.

Kane Kessler is stern, commanding, tender, and sexy all at once. In short, alpha hot. We get a deeper view into Kane in this sequel and the conflict between him and Josh deepens. Kane is not as sure of his own emotions and this along with Josh’s insecurities fuels their conflict. The Christmas they share is so touchingly romantic it made me cry a little.

The sex is…wild, unabashed, wickedly sexy. This not for the faint of heart. The conflict is entwined through the whole story. There’s so much fire and emotion between these two. They bring out such explosive reactions in each other. The midpoint presents real emotional dangers from two directions.

There’s not a single boring moment in the story. Ms. Blackwell kept me on the edge of my seat for one afternoon. It was impossible to stop reading. I had to find out what happened next. This story is wild passion, conflict, fury, tenderness, one steady, outrageous roller coaster ride for the emotions. This is erotic romance at it’s best. It’s definitely got a special spot reserved on my keeper shelf.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Captain's Beloved.