Ellen's Reviews > Withering Tights

Withering Tights by Louise Rennison

Jul 31, 2011

liked it

This book was vair vair funny, as Georgia would say. I liked the silliness and I liked Tallula's knees. I was really glad that I had read Wuthering Heights first and I would recommend that you read it BEFORE you read this book so you can fully appreciate the parts about it. There was a really awesome quote that I thought perfectly summed up my experience with Wuthering Heights: " Emily [Bronte] went in to her publisher and said, "I've written a book about some madman who lives on the moors. There's a lot of moaning and so on, and then the girl dies. I shall call it Wuthering Heights."" HA! I love it. One thing that was kind of weird was that I didn't understand exactly where she was...it was a summercamp at a...college, but she wanted to go there next year? Maybe it's because it is set in England and I'm not quite sure what they call college and how old you are when you go there. This book didn't seem as funny to me as her other series, the Georgia Nicolson books, but maybe that's because I read those when I was younger, or maybe they just were funnier. The whole boy situation seemed a little unfinished, I guess that is the word. There was Charlie, and Ruby's brother, and Cain. I wasn't sure which one she liked and nothing really happened with any of them. Overall, this book was entertaining, but I didn't like it as much as the Georgia books, and that is why I only gave it 3 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Withering Tights.