Jennifer's Reviews > Sins of the Angels

Sins of the Angels by Linda Poitevin

Aug 21, 11

Read from July 31 to August 21, 2011

This book grabbed my attention by offering some of my favorite types of characters…angels. I have read many books that featured angels but none of them in such a way as this one. What I liked is that this book put a fallen angel in the role of the really bad guy. It wasn’t just hinted at but actually detailed. One of the fallen angels is trying to earn his way back by finding and killing a Nephil. So we end up with a serial killer that is going to be impossible to catch because he is a fallen angel. This is just good story telling.
I liked the characters in this story. Alex is the female detective who is haunted by the killings that have been plaguing Toronto. The murders are striking a little too close to home for her liking. She has issues from her childhood that keep her questioning her sanity when it comes to things that she is noticing about her new partner, Trent. Trent is a hunter who is sent to track the fallen angel that is committing the murders. He is assigned to work with Alex. Alex doesn’t want his help and tries whatever she can to get Trent removed as her partner. There is so much tension between the two of them that it is simply delicious. There is the undertone of a romance building but this story doesn’t focus on the romance but more on the mysteries surrounding the characters. The author did a really good job of character building. The book is a solid foundation to a promising series. I both hated and loved the ending. I loved that the ending is going to lead into the second book but hated that it leaves the reader questioning and longing for more.
What I didn’t like was the world where the angels came from. It just seemed too serene and boring. The characters there were just so secretive. I had a hard time figuring them out. Eventually I did but it wasn’t as exciting to me as what was going on in the earthly realm of Toronto. Don’t get me wrong. The other world did offer up pertinent information to the story but it was like solving a rubrics cube puzzle…frustrating.
Overall I did like this intriguing story. I would say that this story was more mystery/thriller genre than a paranormal romance. The romance was hinted at and I think the following book may explore it further. I think this book will appeal to anyone who loves to read paranormal mystery/thriller with a smidge of romance.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sins of the Angels.

07/31/2011 page 1
08/16/2011
38.0% "Loving it so far."
show 7 hidden updates…