Mickey Reed's Reviews > The Future of Us

Recommended for: YA fans, contemp YA fans
Read from November 05 to 06, 2011, read count: 1

See full review here!

I received this through Around the World ARC Tours. Here is my honest review:

Wow. Just wow. I was really interested in this book by reading the brief synopsis (the whole idea of these two teens in 1996 finding their Facebook pages from 2011 sounded like a fantastic novel). And let me just say that this book really delivers! It's not quite what I thought because there was more to it than just finding Facebook and reacting to it. Emma tries to change the things she finds on Facebook, and Josh doesn't want to play with fire by trying to change their futures. It gets messy from there.

We also find out some other deep things in the lives of Emma and Josh that make this book even more amusing. This book was a pleasure to read, and it really held my interest the entire time. I was never bored, but I certainly was left wanting a bit more (hence 4.5 instead of 5 stars). I would have liked to see their Facebook pages as they would be if nothing changed from where the book ended. That would have been good for a reader who likes definitive endings.

Other than that, I just thought the idea behind this book was so clever and fun! I laughed a bunch of times, I got worried for these characters, and I could feel the tension and drama all the way through. Like I said before, I wanted more. More about Josh's brother, more about Kellan and Tyson, and more drama from the end on. I just wanted to read about these people a while longer. Sigh. It was a tad predictable, but quite a bit still surprised me. Can't wait for another book by these two! :o)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Future of Us.

11/06/2011 page 150