Jordan Berg's Reviews > Silent Spring

Silent Spring by Rachel Carson

Jun 13, 07

Recommended for: everyone - a must read
Read in January, 1994

I wish this book was not still so poignant. But this book that really started the modern environmental movement and rose the consciences of millions of Americans is still as important today as it was 45 years ago. Whether it’s the use of chemicals still sprayed into are yards and on our food today, or lessons on the importance of questioning how our actions affect our world, Rachel Carson broke the mold. Every person needs to read this book.

“What has already silenced the voices of spring in countless towns in America? This book is an attempt to explain.” This book will seep into your consciousness and never leave. Its far to important today with global warming, our fossil fuel addiction, and the chemicals that you ingest every day for you NOT to read this book.
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silent Spring.

Nusaybah I have been highly aware of the issues mentioned in this book for a very long, long time. I only began reading this book very recently and am not even close to finished. I get the gist of it, and it is already on my “favorites” shelf for many reasons.
Even though your review was so many years ago I just had to "like" it as a positive thing to do in the face of my current anger! You said, "This book will seep into your consciousness and never leave." I wish that would work for everyone who at least has library access to read this book that IS just as important in these ever changing times as it was in 1962 when it was published. But... the information in this book, and the implications of the issues in it, as well as the new and equally troubling issues of today, will not "seep" into the consciousness of the ignorant, the greedy, and the thoughtless.