Calia's Reviews > Ember

Ember by Carol Oates

Aug 06, 11

bookshelves: young-adult-reads
Read from August 03 to 06, 2011

For the last week this Ember has been on TBR list. An ever growing list. But I truly enjoyed this book and all the characters: both good and bad.

Ember is a story revolving around the fallen angels and the battle between the two that will never end. I have to say that I do enjoy all these angel novels being published. They are starting to overshadow the vampire craze, and for that I am grateful! I love the twist that Carol Oates intertwined into this book!

Candra is a beautiful, normal girl who all of a sudden wakes up in the hospital. Remembering a guy with wings and a red haired lady that wouldn't seem to leave her alone. And quickly after this the books dive straight into the story, there is no beating around the bush and long drawn out descriptions causing the reader to lose the will to live. It stays at a fast past the whole time. Sebastian is a nephil who has been following Candra around everywhere, and what he thinks is innocent starts to became far more for him until it's too late. Once Candra is knows what she is, and what the people are around here she is faced with a major choice that will effect the lives of everyone.

I loved Sebastian and Candra and the chemistry that these two had. I'm surprised my computer didn't short circuit and fry out from their scenes. I'd say every scene with the two of them together is great!

My only reason for not giving it a 5 star is, I felt alot was missing out. Like the editor just cut a big chunk out. Usually I complain that there is too much detail. I'd say with Ember there needed to more!!

All I can hope for is that there will be a sequel to this novel!! Carol Oates' books are definitely on my to read list!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ember.

Quotes Calia Liked

Carol Oates
“Deep down under where his heart resided, strangled up in thorny vines of guilt, anger, fear and longing, there lay something deeper in him, something that he couldn’t see but she could.”
Carol Oates, Ember

Carol Oates
“Is this really about keeping me safe or about you not wanting to share your sandbox with the others?”
Carol Oates, Ember