Sanna's Reviews > In Her Shoes

In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner

F_50x66
Jul 31, 11

No way I can give this more than 2/5. An easy read, and I guess a pretty ok piece of chick lit -but still, come on...

The beginning was ok, but the main characters were written to be too opposite to each other. I guess that was supposed to be the leading idea of the book but it never really worked. I just disliked Maggie from page one whereas for Rose I only felt mild sympathy. And the ending - OMG what lovey-dovey crap: They all turn their lives around and forgive everything and understand each other and live happily ever after. Talk about writing it easy.

Of Jennifer Weiner's books I've also read Good in Bed, which wasn't much better. And she seems to use the same structure in both books: first there's the basic setting and the main character meets a guy and falls in love, the he cheats on her and she's really upset (oh boo-hoo). Then she turns her life around and settles to a relationship with this normally wouldn't look twice his way-guy with a beer-belly who's always been there for her and they get married and everything's great!

It took me a day to finish this in Finnish. I haven't seen the film, I seriously doubt I will now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Her Shoes.