Sanna's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

F_50x66
May 08, 12

Read from April 29 to May 08, 2012

Part 6 is kinda slow, with loads of time spent with one's head in the Pensieve. Then add some really scary stuff and a surprising end (what happened not being the surprising part but how Dumbledore apparently saw it coming and let it happen . now really!). Then again we've got some really sweet stuff between Ron & Hermione (don't tell me you didn't see it coming since Goblet Of Fire) and Harry doing some growing up - fast.

Not the best part of the series but obviously this is all just the build-up before the final act. One has to appreciate all the excursions into Lord Voldemort's past as interesting to know, and since no-one wants this story to end, I can't really complain no matter how slow-paced the writing might get.

I also have to mention how great it is when some of the villains in the story aren't so clearly evil. Malfoy and Snape somewhere in the gray area - now that's how you recognize good writing, when you feel for the bad guy as well. I never got around to hating Snape (might be because he looks like Alan Rickman, who's Cool with a capital c) like Harry does, and J.K.Rowling has put in the effort to make one wonder if he's really all he's made out to be...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.