JoJo's Reviews > Thirteen

Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong

Aug 12, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-supernatural
Read from August 09 to 13, 2012 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** 8/8: OMG It came!!! Yay Yay I am excited!!!

I have mixed feelings about this one. This isn't so much a review, but more my random thoughts about the book and series.

This book was to short for my liking. I wanted it to be like 800 pages long. hehe I felt certain situations were rushed. But that could have been because I was reading it so fast.

Right from the get go I loved this series. I have enjoyed pretty much every book. But as soon as the end game started in book 12 I think (for me) it went a bit down hill. But don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the story but it was not as amazing as I thought it would be. I thought that there would be more emotion in 13. I actually thought there would be many tears. I possibly built it up so big in my head, that it fell flat for me. I almost didn't want to read it because I was so nervous of what would happen. I didn't want anyone to die. I had a hard time getting into it. But it hit a certain point. (I think when Adam and Savannah finally got to see each other and work together) that it picked up for me.

I think that if you read Waking the witch, Spellbound and 13 all together (not months apart) it would be a more enjoyable end of a series. But because I felt lost at times in trying to remember what was happening with the bad guys it didn't flow as nicely.

But reading 13 (especially reading the prologue to Bitten at the beginning) reminds me how much I love these characters. I enjoyed the chapters that were from other characters POV's.

I had trouble in the beginning when Eve was back. I had trouble at times not knowing if Savannah was talking or Eve was. I guess that is because they are mother and daughter. They are meant to be so a like. I was touched when they got to see each other and spend time with each other face to face. I was able to relate with having lost my mother at about the same age Savannah did. I would give anything it that was something possible to happen to me. Another moment that I loved was when Paige and Savannah me up again and paige realised how much Savannah has grown up but still needs her. There was a huge built up of sexual tension between Adam and Savannah that fell a bit short when they finally got together. That is what I think was missing in the last few books was the romance that Kelley Armstrong writes so well. And the detective element that always made the story flow.

And I have to say... It is so NOT the end, maybe for now. But there are still so many questions still not answered and so many characters that deserve there own books. Cassandra and Aaron and Nick. I have always wanted a book from his POV. Yes, I know there will be short stories, but I want full length novels. hehe So I have decided that this is not the last book it is just on hold for a while.

Thank you Kelley Armstrong for writing an amazing series. I love all your works and I look forward to what you write in the future.

Well that is my thoughts for now. I may add to it as I think about it some more.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirteen.

08/08/2012 "Here we go! I am so excited but nervous.... What is going to happen???"
08/11/2012 page 195
44.0% "It took me a bit to get into it but now I am really enjoying it."
08/11/2012 page 239
54.0% "Loving all the character interaction. It is making me want to start the whole series again."
show 3 hidden updates…