Marleen's Reviews > Treachery in Death

Treachery in Death by J.D. Robb

Jul 31, 11

Read in July, 2011

When Eve's trusted side-kick Peabody overhears a discussion between two police officers it's almost immediately clear that she's listening to tales of corruption. Peabody is scared but doesn't have a choice but to stay hidden and listen to them while they argue and mention that a troublesome informer has been taken care of. As soon as the coast is clear Peabody reports what and who she has overheard to Eve Dallas and soon Eve has discovered the remains of the mentioned informer and started a murder investigation.
Eve and her team find themselves up against Lieutenant Renee Oberman, in charge of the Illegals Division and daughter of a much revered NYPSD legend. In order to stop Oberman Eve will need cast iron proof of the corruption and the murders resulting from it. But Oberman has so far been above suspicion, is hard as nails and leads a team that follows her every order.
And so begins a game of cat and mouse between the two Lieutenants, a game in which one participant will do anything to keep her scheme going regardless of whom she has to kill.

J.D. Robb hardly every disappoints. This is the 32nd book in this series and as always the story gripped me from the first page. I'm usually not a big fan of mysteries in which the guilty party is known from the start, but in this book that didn't matter. In fact, this book was not about who done it, but about how do you stop someone who appears to have everything completely under control.
As always it was fun reconnecting with Eve, Roarke, Peabody and all the other familiar faces, and I can't help wondering if there will ever come a time when I'll get bored with this series. At the moment, I can't see that happening. I'm already looking forward to getting my hands on the next book, when it comes out.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Treachery in Death.