Christopher Cook's Reviews > You've Been Warned

You've Been Warned by James Patterson

Jul 31, 11

It would seem as if some of Patterson's greatest novels are those in which he teams up with Howard Roughan, because like Sail, this was also one of my favorite Patterson novels. Likewise, Honeymoon is on my list of favorites as well, one which was also written with Roughan. What makes You've Been Warned so unique, however, is that Patterson sort of strays away from his usual detective story and instead makes use of some supernatural elements in the story, something that really caught my attention. As usual, Patterson does not fail to shock you with surprises, and the twist at the end is just classic! I got through this novel very quickly, as it is a very quick and interesting read. A lot of other reviews that I have read seem to be mostly critical in a negative way in regards to the novel, not really backing their claims up with much besides the claim that it's not very original, and I don't understand that. Then again, maybe I'm just not exposed to enough literature to know. Regardless, however, as a novel, I think this works very well, and I vehemently enjoyed it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You've Been Warned.