Christopher Cook's Reviews > One Word Answer

One Word Answer by Charlaine Harris

Jul 31, 2011

liked it

This short story is found in the compilation titled Bite, which features only one short story written by Charlaine Harris; the remainder of the stories are written by writers such as Laurell K. Hamilton. The story is also featured in a Touch of Dead, a compilation of short stories strictly written by Charlaine Harris, all set in Sookie's universe. The short story serves as a prelude to the novel Definitely Dead, which I actually read before having read this short story, simply because I wasn't aware of it, and it really should be included in Definitely Dead as a prologue, because it's crucial to that novel. Not much really happens in this story until the very end (granted, it is not very long at all; only about twenty pages), and it isn't really anything terribly exciting (ultimately entertaining but lacking in comparison to the author's usual material), but it is nice to finally read what sets the stage for Definitely Dead. I just wish that I had had some sort of warning that a short story was written that is set beforehand, because I would have been sure to have read it then.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Word Answer.