Sheri's Reviews > The Laws Of Our Fathers

The Laws Of Our Fathers by Scott Turow

Jul 30, 11

After reading 'Presumed Innocent' & being blown away, I immediately put Scott Turow on my list of favorite authors. I was excited to read another book from him, but could not be more disappointed. Like some of the other people who reviewed the book on here, I could not get into the story or the characters & was often forgetting who was who. The revolutionary issues of the 1960's & '70's didn't interest me much - not my generation, couldn't relate - nor did I find myself too interested in the ghetto lifestyle & jargon of Hardcore or Bug. I hung in there & completed the book, mostly because I kept waiting for something to turn my opinion around, but it never happened. It took me forever to complete. When I normally read between 1-3 books a month, this one alone took me over 3 months to complete. Definitely SKIP! (But I won't give up on Scott's work - Presumed Innocent was too amazing - I'm sure this was just a bad apple).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Laws Of Our Fathers.