Elizabeth's Reviews > Size 14 Is Not Fat Either

F_50x66
Jul 30, 11

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, mystery-romance
Read in July, 2011, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I'm becoming a big Meg Cabot fan - this is probably not my favorite of hers, but it still was very fun to read. Our heroine, Heather, used to be a pop star. She put on pounds, dropped out of music, lost her fiance, and took a job as a residence hall director. Shortly after the semester starts, a cheerleader's head is found in a soup pot in the cafeteria. Heather tries to resist investigating, but gives in and solves the murder. She nearly gets herself killed in the process.
If you can suspend your disbelief that Heather could get hired for this position and then not get fired, you'll find her to be an enjoyable character.
As with other Cabot books, the lead character is likeable and the other characters are interesting and true-to-life. It's a quick easy read - because Ms. Cabot writes like that. I also appreciated that Heather did not get the man she wanted at the end - it made the ending far more realisitc. I look forward to reading the other book in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Size 14 Is Not Fat Either.