Bee's Reviews > The Curtis Reincarnation

The Curtis Reincarnation by Zathyn Priest

I made a really unwise move, I picked this book up just before I was going to bed! At 4am and 85% I HAD to put the book down, but only because I could no longer keep my eyes open. In the (let's say it was still) morning I dove for the book again and finished it! Wow.

It's not by any means a perfect book, and while considering the plot you'd think it was a unrealistic and over the top story that would never be the moving piece of writing it actually is. But the story really struck a chord with me and I fell for it...hard!

Tyler Curtis is the brightest shining star of the moment. He's known for his notorious partying and screwing around just as much as he is known for his brilliant artistry. He's unpleasant and hated by as many people as he's loved by. Jordan Braxton is not impressed. When his sister drags him along to a Curtis concert and after party so that she can get into his pants he's set on moping the entire night. At the afterparty he gets a glimps of a different side of Tyler and is confused. Later he wanders into an empty room, or so he thinks until he sees the tiny rockstar sitting in the shadows all by himself. As it turns out Jordan finds out that very little that is said is true about Tyler Curtis...

There isn't any graphic sex scenes in the book, but there is a little passion and a lot of spark. Mostly though there is wonderful romance and a beautiful connection between two people. The conversations and interactions between Tyler and Jordan are wonderful and I easily see how they fell for each other. The fact that it's basically an instant-ILY story (which I generally dislike) doesn't even disturb me this time around. Sure it could have been even better if it hadn't been, but it's nothing that takes away anything from the story.

The character of Bec (Jordan's sister) is a wonderful ingredient in the story and provides a lot of comic relief. The manager and the mother are however two characters that could have needed some work. Even though there are people in real life who are bad, they usually have at least parts of another side...which I kind of missed in these characters.

All in all I loved this story! I especially loved the parts of Tyler Curtis on stage (the later parts that is) and I would easily have been one of the many screaming fangirls in the crowd if he had been a real life performer. I am however a bonafide fangirl of this book!! Flove!

(And ps. thank you Lea!)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Curtis Reincarnation.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Trisha Harrington Did you know there will be a sequel? I am so happy :)

message 2: by Bee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bee Tʀɪsʜᴀ wrote: "Did you know there will be a sequel? I am so happy :)"

Oh? I have to admit I'm not really a sequel kind of person, but that's great :)

Trisha Harrington Bee wrote: "Tʀɪsʜᴀ wrote: "Did you know there will be a sequel? I am so happy :)"

Oh? I have to admit I'm not really a sequel kind of person, but that's great :)"

Yeah, I'm not sure if they will be the main, MC's. I get the feeling it might have two new ones too :)

message 4: by Bee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bee Tʀɪsʜᴀ wrote: Yeah, I'm not sure if they will ..."

Ah,cool. I hope that's true. I don't like when the author makes a couple that has already gotten their HEA go through a bunch of new shit and angst. I prefer to imagine that time freezes and everything is perfect forever for them, lol. But it might be nice to revisit them if they get to remain happy ;)

Trisha Harrington Bee wrote: "Tʀɪsʜᴀ wrote: Yeah, I'm not sure if they will ..."

Same here. I hope they will be happy. I think it's a new couple, with them in the book :)