Ryan Mishap's Reviews > The Unwritten, Vol. 3: Dead Man's Knock

The Unwritten, Vol. 3 by Mike Carey

Jul 31, 2011

bookshelves: graphic-novel, favorites

Anybody on Goodreads obviously cares about stories, whether they provide an alternate world for your brain to reside in for awhile, tell you about a historical event or educate you about how to fix a toilet, illuminate people's experiences in beautiful, brutal, or uplifting ways, or just provide an hour or two of amusement. Stories matter, whether people get them from books or not, but reading and the writing of stories has its own power.

The Unwritten knows this deeply, this obvious truth that we all take for granted: the world is made up of stories. Why are some stories told, accepted, and believed over others? Does someone control those stories? Does the world exist as we believe it exists< Are we telling our own story or just acting out a character penned by another?

Maybe all these questions won't get answered in this series, but the story so far is fantastic, intelligent, exciting, and, at times, as good as anything I've ever read.

Highly recommended.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unwritten, Vol. 3.