Justin's Reviews > Den of Thieves

1652081
Aug 12, 11

bookshelves: read-2011, fantasy, not-good, 2011-release, harper
Read from July 30 to August 01, 2011

Rewrote this after re-reading it a few weeks later. It's such a pain to write negative reviews that I realized how chopped up I made it. Hopefully it reads better now.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Den of Thieves.

Comments (showing 1-9)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Benjamin Hm. I've been seeing mostly lukewarm or negative reviews for this since it came out. Not very encouraging. I already have the book so I probably read it, though I'll be sure to temper any expectations.

You're definitely right about the US cover. Horrid.

Justin Benjamin wrote: "Hm. I've been seeing mostly lukewarm or negative reviews for this since it came out. Not very encouraging. I already have the book so I probably read it, though I'll be sure to temper any expect..."

I have the sequel already and there's enough for me to read the next one. Croy especially interests me.

message 7: by Maria (new)

Maria Schneider That is one of the worst covers I've seen in a long time. It looks like--cut and paste objects and slap a title on it.

Let me know what you think Benjamin. I'm seeing lukewarm reviews too.

message 6: by Bastard (new)

Bastard I was expecting a bit more than 2 stars based on your comments. I guess I'll see for myself at some point, since my copy just arrived. I got the UK version though, sometimes I'm that shallow and like pretty covers hehe.

message 5: by Justin (last edited Aug 02, 2011 06:39PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Justin Well.. I stick to goodreads stars. It was OK - too flat to call good.

Justin On a pure 1-5 scale I'd call it a 2.5. Average.

[redacted by S.H.I.E.L.D.] I think a lot of the assassin boom also has to do with the success of the Assassin's Creed games. Heck, some of the artwork for the books mentioned looks like it was taken from a screenshot of the game.

Justin Grack21 wrote: "I think a lot of the assassin boom also has to do with the success of the Assassin's Creed games. Heck, some of the artwork for the books mentioned looks like it was taken from a screenshot of the ..."

Could be that too. Or just the general turn to grittier fantasy.

Benjamin Maria wrote: "That is one of the worst covers I've seen in a long time. It looks like--cut and paste objects and slap a title on it.

Let me know what you think Benjamin. I'm seeing lukewarm reviews too."

Will do!