Teresa's Reviews > Vanish

Vanish by Sophie Jordan

Jan 03, 12

It was terrible. I thought it would have been great and hoped against hope that the book would redeem itself and follow in on Firelight's footsteps. But the story was just soo terrible. Readers would be so DISSAPOINTED!!! Jacinda is just so annoying, selfish, and stupid. Don't get me started with Will...He was beyond terrible. You'll have to read the book to know what I'm talking about. Tamra was intriguing and cool and awesome but wasn't enough to save the entire book. I kind of liked Cassian, because he seemed like the only mature character in the book. But Jacinda doesn't deserve him, and I always groan and roll my eyes when Cassian and Jacinda are together. Honestly, I hope he realizes in the 3rd book that what he has for Jacinda is an infatuation (which it is) and move on, presumably with Tamra. But I have a strong feeling that in the later book, Jacinda will get all jealous of her sister if my predictions are right about Cassian and Tamra hooking up. So, all in all, I hated this book. It had some good points but other than that, this book is a no-no for me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vanish.

Quotes Teresa Liked

Sophie Jordan
“Holding a hand over my eyes, I look up at him. "Thanks, I'm glad were...friends." I say the word friends deliberately, letting the emphasis get my point across. His mouth curves with a slow smile. "I've never wanted to be your friend, Jacinda." My heart stutters in my chest. Standing in the pouring rain, I watch him walk away.”

Sophie Jordan
“It's unclear who moves first. We're in each other's arms, lips locked, melded, hotly fused. Our hands drag over each other, reacquainting, remembering, almost as if we're both verifying the other one is real flesh and blood.”

Sophie Jordan
“Sudden conviction races through me, almost terrifying in its total certainty. I can't give him up. He's the other part of me. He gets what it feels like to be separate from everything and everyone, to reject the path others lay out for you. We're the same. Two sides to the same coin.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Annie Brewer This one looks good. I haven't read Firelight yet but plan on it very soon!!

Victoria Agreed.