Mina's Reviews > Rules

Rules by Cynthia Lord

Aug 26, 11

bookshelves: summer-reading

The fourth book I read this summer was rules by Cynthia lord, I personally found this book well written interesting with authenticity to it. This book was about a girl Catherine and her younger brother David who is autistic. Catharine is much like any ordinary girl and all she desires for is for David to wake up one day and for is autism to disappear, but Catharine knows that wish will never come true. Through out portions of the book Catharine feel that her world revolves around David, she has to go the clinic every day for David’s occupational therapy but the she meets Jason, it started by Catharine simply drawing, Jason has a certain disability that he is not able to speak so he uses communication word cards to apologize she volunteered to illustrate Jason’s word cards and the create some new ones for him. And then Jason and Catharine became very good friends and there relationship grows stronger through out the book, even though Catharine tries her hardest to make David normal she accepts that he will ever be normal. this was a heart warming story that showed a different perspective acceptance. i would recommend this book to everyone who looking for a heart warming read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rules.

08/16/2011 page 200

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mina :)

message 2: by Mia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mia :) Just finished it.

message 3: by Wolf (new)

Wolf Hmmm....... Not a bad review, but a little confusing, because you left out some commas and periods, and it ended on a bit of a dead note, but other than that it is excellent, and I know want to read that book. Yayerz, sez da fox, which iz meeeEEEEEeeee. I sez again, Yayerz.

Mina Umm thanks???

message 5: by Wolf (new)

Wolf Soooorry, I was in a really weird mood. One of those moods where you just can't help posting stupidstuff. kthnxbai

Mina ok

bennett Wow... People reviewing reviews

Book Girl I do it all the time...well at least that wierd mood thing. Gret review! :)