Brandy's Reviews > Eclipse

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

Apr 01, 08

This book brings us back to Edward. Of course I liked it but I am dying for the ending. I think Stephanie is dragging it out a little. There needs to be a new conflict besides Bella wanting to be a vampire. I think by this point, even though I love the books, I am reading them merely to get to the ending. I want to know how it ends!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eclipse.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annette (new)

Annette My sister said that the author goes almost too far with the whole sex issue and my friend Dawn, gave this book 3 stars instead of 4 or 5 because she did'nt like where the author was taking the relationship. What is your opinion on that?

message 2: by Brandy (last edited Apr 02, 2008 12:28PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Brandy Ya know, I don't remember! I was reading on a website that fans write their own short story versions that use these characters and one of them took the sex issue way too far. Not descriptive, but having the vampires think about it way too much. That is all I can remember now! I do know that it seems more like an Anita Stansfield book intended for young married women rather than high school girls. I know that I was first recommended this book by one of our Young Women and now thinking about it, I don't know if I would want my high school daughter reading any of them because for me anyway they cause too strong of romantic feelings. I mean really, it made me want to jump in bed with Cody. I am talking about the series as a whole not specifically the third book or first book. But I guess that the 3rd does go farther than the first simply because the relationship has developed more than in the first book. So I still give it high stars because for me, it wasn't too descriptive or inappropriate but if I was reviewing this for the intent of recommending it to young adults, I wouldn't rank it that high.