Felicia's Reviews > Not Becoming My Mother: and Other Things She Taught Me Along the Way

Not Becoming My Mother by Ruth Reichl
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not Becoming My Mother.

Quotes Felicia Liked

Ruth Reichl
“...in the end you are the only one who can make yourself happy. More important, ...it is never too late to find out how to do it.”
Ruth Reichl, Not Becoming My Mother: and Other Things She Taught Me Along the Way

Ruth Reichl
“Growing up, I was utterly oblivious to the fact that Mom was teaching me all that. But I was instantly aware of her final lesson, which was hidden in her notes and leters. As I read them I began to understand that in the end you are the only one who can make yourself happy. More important, Mom showed me that it is never too late to find out how to do it.”

Ruth Reichl
“Throughout human history beauty has been seen as a gift from God, but Mom had another notion; she thought that beauty could be earned through self-knowledge. It may be a revolutionary idea, but it has offered me great comfort.”