Ariana's Reviews > The Fine Art of Truth or Dare

Mar 01, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: 2012
Read in February, 2012

Sorry guys. Not sure if I'll review this as I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted.

Note: this has nothing to do with the comparison with Anna, it just wasn't my cup of tea. The only character I liked was Frankie, nothing else managed to grab my attention. Hopefully you will enjoy it a lot better.

Pre-reading thoughts:
Oh heavens, did someone just say "Anna and the French Kiss"?! :D

15 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fine Art of Truth or Dare.

message 1: by Racquel (new) - added it

Racquel I really want to read this!!

Ariana Me too!! :D
I am waiting for so many books in 2012 that look extremely interesting (this one included)

message 3: by Racquel (new) - added it

Racquel This year & next year we have a lot of amazing releases!! There are so many good books coming out idk where to start! And i think i saw the first two chapters of this on the authors website... i didnt want to read it bcus the wait for the book to come out after would have been to long.

message 4: by Ariana (last edited Sep 20, 2011 06:18AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ariana Racquel wrote: "This year & next year we have a lot of amazing releases!! There are so many good books coming out idk where to start!"

I knooooooow! Sometimes I just wish I had a time-machine or something ;))

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura Eek! I bought this one already. :( hmmm...just boring or..., Ari?

Ariana Quite boring. It's not actually bad, but I just didn't care for anyone in it. There's no action, no chemistry between the main characters and i couldn't care less about her fictional love for Edward (or what's his name) even though I liked their imaginary conversations.
Don't know what to say, maybe you will find something to like that I couldn't see, maybe the historical parts will be more interesting for you.. Maybe you will like it after all, but keep the expectations low.

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura Will do! Thanks! I will let you know. Sad when a book doesn't fulfill its promise. It sounded so good. :( Have a good weekend!

message 8: by _yay_ (new)

_yay_ I read it & felt exactly like you. Didn't even add it to my "read" list on GR. Bummer :-( I guess it happens... On to the next book!

Ariana I was disappointed because I love to read a nice romance from time to time, but like you said "on to the next book" :) From now on, I'll try to read more reviews before reading the book (but then again.. I guess I said that before, and still haven't learned my lesson)

message 10: by Ilka (new) - rated it 1 star

Ilka Piedade i hated everyone, even frankie, the only thing i liked was her skar.

Ariana To be honest, at this point I don't even remember who Frankie was, LOL. I just know that I didn't enjoy the story *sigh*