Brittney Musick's Reviews > Chain Reaction

Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles

Nov 08, 11

bookshelves: ebook, 1-young-adult, read-2011, genre-realistic-fiction, genre-romance-contemporary
Read from September 29 to November 09, 2011

When I read Perfect Chemistry and Rules of Attraction, I zoomed right through them, but while I really enjoyed Chain Reaction, it took me a while to finish it.

My feelings are somewhat mixed about the third installment of the Perfect Chemistry series. I actually liked the characters in this book the best. I found Nikki and Luis to be very likable, but at the same time, I think this book was the one I felt the most frustrated with.

I feel like this was one of those stories that only worked so long as there was communication problem. Otherwise, many of the more dramatic moments never would have happened. In that aspect, I felt a little aggravated. I know, I know. Many books and movies and such are like this, but I was just expecting more.

Also, I didn't like the plot quite as well as the previous books, which I hate to admit after saying that I liked the characters in this one the best. It worked, but it just felt like it lacked something that the other books in the series had.

However, I did enjoy the book, overall, and as far as the final book in a series, I thought it was a good send off.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chain Reaction.

09/29/2011
39.0% "Stayed up much to late reading, but I can't help. I love those Fuentes brothers!"
show 1 hidden update…