Brittney Musick's Reviews > Rules of Attraction

Sep 28, 11

bookshelves: ebook, 1-young-adult, read-2011
Recommended to Brittney by: Mel
Read from September 21 to 28, 2011

As much as I loved Perfect Chemistry, I have to admit I felt a little nervous about Rules of Attraction because I was worried that it just wouldn't stand up to Alex and Brittany's story. I'm glad to say that I needn't worry because Rules of Attraction was a terrific read, and I loved it just as much as Perfect Chemistry but for different reasons.

This book follows the story of Carlos, Alex's younger brother, and Kiara. Like Perfect Chemistry, the chapters alternate back and forth between the two main characters.

I was somewhat worried that the story would feel too much like Alex and Brittany's, but I'm glad to say that while some of the same themes were present, the story itself wasn't the same. The situation and circumstances were very different.

In some ways, I actually enjoyed this book more. With Perfect Chemistry, I felt a lot of frustration because Alex really didn't have many options to change this life. Carlos, on the other hand, has a very different set of circumstances as well as a good support system that could help him - should he choose to take advantage of it.

I also really liked Kiara. She has a problem with stuttering, which has hindered her confidence and made her appear much shyer than she actually is, but with her stutter under more control, her confidence has grown. She's also something of a tomboy and enjoys a good challenge, which makes for some very interesting moments between her and Carlos.

Alex and Brittany are also present in the story, which was a nice treat, but I also enjoyed the other new characters introduced in this book.

All in all, it was a great read - just as with Perfect Chemistry - so I'm really looking forward to reading Chain Reaction to see the youngest Fuentes brother's story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rules of Attraction.

09/21/2011 page 45