Laurie's Reviews > Galaxy Girls

Galaxy Girls by Edie Ramer

Aug 02, 11

bookshelves: adventure, contemporary, aliens, fantasy, fiction, kindle, paranormal, read-in-2011, romance, science-fiction
Read in July, 2011

The newest book from Edie Ramer, this book is a fun, entertaining novel of four unusual and supernaturally gifted young women who escape from a male dominated planet and arrive on Earth determined to start new lives for themselves.

The author excels at creating believable characters and relationships that most anyone can relate to. There is plenty of humor sprinkled throughout, and the spritely conversational banter fits this story nicely. I thought this novel was well-written; it has some quirky little episodes that certainly set it apart from most alien adventures. At times, there was some male bashing that made me somewhat uncomfortable; however, given the male dominated, often abusive society the ladies escaped, it is not a far stretch to understand and sympathize with their attitudes. I especially liked that there were several earth men who, when the chips were down, proved their worth in a crisis, and demonstrated some creative sensitivity. That went a long ways towards appeasing the romantic in me. Edie always writes stories that challenge me to re-examine my world-view or certain personal beliefs. She has a talent for capturing the essence of an often nebulous idea and making it come alive in my imagination.

Reviewed by Laurie-J
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Galaxy Girls.