Jennie's Reviews > The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke

The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke by Suze Orman

Jul 29, 12

bookshelves: my-library
Recommended for: every new college grad, 20 and 30-somethings particularly of gen. x or y
Read in January, 2007

No matter what you think of Suze Orman, you don't know how great she is until you read one of her money books. This one should be read by every college graduate. It begins on the basic side with FICO scores and credit cards/bills, and progresses into first-time homebuying and such. I unfortunately did not read it until I had been out of college for a while, but I have found it to be immensely helpful. Orman's advice is practical, easy to take action on, and is laid out in an easy to understand, simple way in this book.

Hopefully high schools will get it together sometime soon to teach financial skills while kids are still in high school and before they get themselves into credit card debt and other financial trouble. Deep financial debt is, in my opinion, an unnecessary epidemic that is not being properly addressed at an early enough age for most. Kids also need to know the difference between "good" debt (like educational loans) and "bad" debt (like credit card abuse); this is something that Orman addresses in detail in this book, among many other things.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke.