Elizabeth's Reviews > The Queen of the Damned

The Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice

Aug 30, 11

bookshelves: adult-fiction, audiobook, sci-fi-and-fantasy
Read from August 14 to 23, 2011

After listening to The Vampire Lestat, which I enjoyed well enough, I couldn't very well stop there. I needed to know what happened to Lestat after his concert. So of course I picked up Queen of the Damned immediately after finishing that one.

My god, there were a lot of characters in this novel. Thank god for a good narrator of this audiobook (the wonderful Simon Vance). He helped keep up with all the various characters with an impressive array of voices.

The story itself was interesting, in that while it told Lestat's story (intertwined amongst a number of others), the vast majority of this particular novel was told from a variety of others' points of view, which helped keep it interesting.

I enjoyed this novel, but I'm not sure I'll delve into the rest of the Vampire Chronicles for a while yet. Perhaps if Random House Audio continues to put out new recordings narrated by Simon Vance, I might be convinced. I'm not sure I could muster the attention span to sit and read them, though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Queen of the Damned.