Aleksandr Voinov's Reviews > The Devil's Heel

Aug 01, 11

bookshelves: genre-mm
Read in August, 2011, read count: 1

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil's Heel.

08/01/2011

message 1: by Ann (last edited Aug 01, 2011 08:45AM) (new)

Ann You just saved me some money. Too bad, because it sounded promising. I hate unrealistic characters. And if it's not really a romance, I like to know that, too. Sex does not equal romance, even in m/m. I wish publishers were more careful about how they describe their books.

message 2: by Aleksandr (new) - added it

Aleksandr Voinov I really found nothing romantic in one asshole cornering the object of his affections until the other guy was so overwhelmed by his desires that he wanted nothing more than get fucked by that asshole (okay, that makes it sound wrong, but...).

Also, the main reason why they are no longer together is a Big Misunderstanding that had me rolling my eyes so much I could barely make out the words.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann This sounds like one of those old-fashioned bodice rippers where near-rape did mean love. I guess some readers like that, and it's part of a specific genre. Thanks to reviewers, we readers can know in advance if it's our cup of tea. Or not.

But now I want Indian food, thanks to your Rogan Josh joke.

message 4: by Aleksandr (new) - added it

Aleksandr Voinov I'm glad to entertain. :) (Yesterday's Chikken Tikka Masala might have had something to do with this.)

message 5: by Tracy (new)

Tracy I want to "like" this. I really do. But part of me feels like if I "like" this review, I should read the story first so I can agree...and if I agree, then I suspect there would be a desire at some point to fling something Very Hard at the wall, which would be disastrous to the wall and numerous breakable objects in my house (most notably, probably, the ereader).

There is also a part of me that really really wants to see what the ladies over at the Smart Bitches website would make of this...but I admit I have a mean, evil, twisted sense of humor about stuff sometimes.