Amber Harris's Reviews > Wicked 2: Legacy & Spellbound

Wicked 2 by Nancy Holder

Jul 29, 11

bookshelves: owned, read-in-2009, witchcraft
Read from July 01 to 30, 2009 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Talk about authors who have absolutely no qualms about killing off characters. My respect to both of them, I haven't quite the stomach for it, at least not yet. The Wicked series started off to me as uninteresting, but Holly's sudden villainous streak coupled with the co-authors' devious and successful attempts to draw me in at the very end of the book caught me ordering this baby off Borders.com (many coupons attached, I am a college student after all).

Legacy outdid both Witch and Curse, as far as I'm concerned. The characters are becoming more complex, and I am enjoying watching both Amanda and Nicole's characters grow, while Holly falters and falls. It's a wonderful twist in a hero... having her fade to black instead of white. I am also enjoying observing Jeraud, a character whose intentions are always cloaked in mystery.

A few disappointments, as there are in any book. Holder and Viguie are constantly throwing Jer between life and death, as though they can't decide where he should be. It's frustrating for the reader, whoh can never be quite sure if the character is alive or dead. Another problem: while I respect the authors' ability to kill off the good characters, for a change of pace, I'd love to see a couple of villains die.

Of course, there is Spellbound for that, and the duology is sitting on my bedside table, just itching to be read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked 2.