Book Binge's Reviews > Breaking Point

Breaking Point by Pamela Clare

Jul 29, 11

bookshelves: for-review

Oh how I love Pamela Clare's heroes. And, this one had a wonderful heroine as well. Natalie did what she had to, but never ventured into TSTL. She always asked for help when necessary, but used her wits as well. Smart and sexy. With a lot of heartache in her background.

Zach... mmm. He was smart, confident, and I loved how he had to earn the respect of Julian, Gabe, and Marc. And how it took a long time, but he did it, even though he pulled some dumbass moves. He was smart and resourc...moreOh how I love Pamela Clare's heroes. This one had a wonderful heroine as well. Natalie did what she had to, but never ventured into TSTL. She always asked for help when necessary, but used her wits as well. Smart and sexy. With a lot of heartache in her background.

Zach... mmm. He was smart, confident, and I loved how he had to earn the respect of Julian, Gabe, and Marc. And how it took a long time, but he did it, even though he pulled some dumbass moves. He was smart and resourceful. Of course, a former SEAL, why wouldn't he be?

I liked watching them work together and maintain and grow a mutual respect for each other. While Natalie had been through a lot, she wasn't a pushover, and made Zach stop and look into himself. Clare really has a way of getting her heroes to open up and fall at the heroine's feet without emasculating them. Their fears, their tears, their revelations all do nothing to change the raw masculinity that they emit. And while her heroines are strong, competent women, they all keep their vulnerability and their femininity as well.

I dislike it when heroes pull the "I'm not good enough for you" line, which is why Zach left Natalie. But here, Zach had some serious guilt playing on him, and I understood it. I still wanted to smack him up one side and down the other, but I understood it.

I also really enjoyed seeing the camaraderie between the precious I-Team heroes. And how protective they were of Natalie and of their wives.

All in all, another suspenseful winner from Clare, complete with a *gasp* moment that, while it doesn't rival the one in Naked Edge, still made me sit on the edge of my seat.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5.

This review was originally posted on Book Binge by Lori.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Point.