April Dawn's Reviews > A Librarian's Desire

A Librarian's Desire by Ava Delany

Jul 29, 11

bookshelves: erotic-romance
Read in July, 2011

Vicky at Sizzling Hot Books gives A Librarian’s Desire by Ava Delany 5 stars.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: geeks know more than anyone ever expects, and this applies in the bedroom too. Hair in a bun, glasses and a billowy blouse can’t hide A Librarian’s Desire when mixed with too much alcohol and a naughty frat game.

Erica loves her studies. Library Science, the smell of history…it intoxicates her. But when she gets drunk at a frat party and reveals a bit more than she intends to in a game of Never Have I Ever, she finds her life of books and card catalogues not quite as satisfying as the handsome man whose attention she attracts.
The mousy librarian doing drunken keg stands grabs Daniel's attention from across the room. What a fascinating study in contrasts—one he can't wait to discover what mysteries her drab blouse and glasses may hide. And after hearing her sexy answers during Never Have I Ever, he's more determined than ever to know her secrets before the game is done.

Erica is the smart, hardworking student putting herself through college. When she gets news about receiving a scholarship, she decides to celebrate. But all work and no play makes anyone more susceptible to alcohol. And too much alcohol in one’s system lowers inhibitions. So Erica is not only having a great time at this frat party, but is telling a few personal secrets during a game of Never Have I Ever.

Daniel is the frat’s good looking member. He also happens to be the nice guy, apparently. He notices Erica early on, thinking she doesn’t seem like the usual girl at these parties. He keeps the worst of his ‘brothers’ away from her, feeling protective of her. But when he learns she might not be as straight laced as she first appears, he is even more interested. But spending the night on his floor because she is too drunk to even get to know doesn’t leave either in a great mood the next morning. Accusing him a taking advantage is no way to get on his good side either. Maybe now is a good time to show her just what a real man is all about…

A Librarian’s Desire comes across like Beauty and the Geek, or I guess that’s the Jock and the Librarian, of course. I love that Daniel notices something special and different about Erica long before he finds out she has a hidden sexy side, maybe even a kinky one. That he steps up and “protects” her from both his frat brothers and herself (once in his room) makes him sweet. That he pursues her the next morning makes him hot. How he pursues her, what happens, makes him sexy. We all hear about those fire-y women hidden behind strict facades. Erica may have been less experienced than Daniel was thinking but he brings out the wanton in her and she lives up to his desires/dreams. Never underestimate the quite ones, boys.

I have one real problem with A Librarian’s Desire: It’s not long enough! A Librarian’s Desire is really good. Part cute, a tad sweet and supper spicy all mix together for a great quick bedtime story that I would have loved more of. Daniel is just what every college girl is looking for and what every parent hopes they never find, lol
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Librarian's Desire.