Book Binge's Reviews > Loving the Beast

Loving the Beast by Naima Simone

Jul 29, 11

bookshelves: for-review

Gwen needs Xavier’s help. She’s trying to save the community center that was so important to her when she was growing up and Xavier company makes those decisions. Unfortunately she’s been getting the run-around from not only the company but from Xavier as well. He claims that there is nothing he can do about the company but he’d be willing to fund the community center for a year with his own money if Gwen would spend 7 days in his bed.

Gwen’s desperate for the money but really she agrees because she’s been in love with Xavier for years. He’s a different person since the accident that caused his facial scarring a year ago but Gwen doesn’t really see the scars – she only sees the emotional ones that the accident has wrought.

The story is about love and finding the person who sees you for what you are inside and out. I liked seeing Xavier coming out of his self-induced prison and the couple finding the love that they shared for one another. There had been a lot of tragedy in Xavier and Gwen’s lives and I liked seeing them work through that. With that the story did a good job but there was so little of the story itself it didn’t hold my attention for long. There was more sex than story here and personally I didn’t find the sex scenes all that imaginative. Xavier’s sex talk came across as a bit cheesy to me as well. In the end I found this one to be just ok.

Rating: 2 out of 5

This review was originally posted on Book Binge by Tracy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loving the Beast.