Ruthie's Reviews > Legally Blonde

Legally Blonde by Amanda Brown

Jul 29, 11

Read in January, 2010

I'm sorry to say that Legally Blonde is one of the few examples of the movie being better than the book. I was extremely disappointed and rather sorry I had bought the book by the time I finished it, especially considering how long I had been looking for it. I had to make myself finish the book, although I will say it got somewhat better during the last 100 pages. I found Amanda Brown's writing style to be rather dull and her syntax is confusing at best. The cover promised that the book is hilarious, but the attempts at humor fall short. The scenes that I think were meant to be funny were really just pointless--they did nothing to further the story or reveal more about the characters, and worst of all, they weren't even funny. The characterization is okay, but to be honest, I didn't find any of the characters to be that likable. Even Elle is much more likable in the movie. That said, I see from the other reviews that quite a few people do like it, so I will concede that maybe it just isn't my kind of book. I saw the movie long before I read the book, so that may have also contributed to how I feel about it. I doubt I will ever read another Amanda Brown book, though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legally Blonde.