Ruthie's Reviews > Winning by Losing: Drop the Weight, Change Your Life

Winning by Losing by Jillian Michaels

Jul 29, 11

Read in January, 2010

I had been vaguely worried that when I started this one that it would be a little on the boring, hard-to-read side, but I couldn't put it down! Jillian is a great writer, and her passion for helping people change their lives and get healthy shines through and makes the book easy to read. She covers all aspects of weight loss, from avoiding negative, self-loathing thought patterns that can hinder you, to breaking down the glycemic index and explaining the difference between good fats and bad fats, to finally offering wisdom about working out. There is also an extensive index of exercises at the end of the book and an example 12-week plan to get you started. She also dispels some of the myths of weight loss and makes it seem like a much less daunting task. My favorite part is the section that covers calculating your AMR (active metabolic rate)--it explains it in such a way that it finally makes sense to me now! If you're looking to lose weight, or just trying to get started, this book will definitely help you find your way amid all of the trend diets and gimmicks out there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winning by Losing.