Jenee's Reviews > You Suck

You Suck by Christopher Moore

Aug 12, 14

bookshelves: don-t-waste-your-time, supernatural

Well thats the last time I read a book because I like the cover. I'm pretty sure this is the worst book I've ever read. By chapter two I really just wanted to put the book down and never look back. But I thought I might as well finish it, maybe it would get better...it didn't.

First of all if I didn't know better I would have thought a sex crazed 13 year old wrote this book. The writing was just awful, it seemed like Moore forgot what he had already written then changed details in other chapters. He was also very unoriginal like he used things like "Abby Normal" which is oviously from Young Frankenstein.

The characters are shallow and really very annoying. They consised of sluts, goth wanna-bes, and stoners. No one really worth being a likable character in a story. As for Moore's stab at comedy...it's immature and lame. This book was not only lacking any litterary intelligence but it was lacking humor. Which is sad since I think this is suppose to be a funny story. I'm pretty sure my IQ dropped while reading it. Nothing was really resolved or explained in the end and left you feeling like you had just read the unkempt notes of someone trying to write a book. I'm starting to consider vampire novels to be throw-away reads. I don't know what this new obsession with vampires is but it's making books look bad.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Suck.