Ginny's Reviews > This is Not a Test

This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers

May 30, 12

bookshelves: 2012, arc, dystopia, e-book, nook, secret-shock-tag, zombielicious
Read in March, 2012

What?! What the hell?! Omg. UGH!

Review time!

What can be said about Courtney Summers. Except that I will read anything and everything this woman publishes. This is Not a Test is no exception to her superb writing. The story is realistic and gritty, just like life would be.

Zombies begin to take over your town. You're stranded in a high school with 5 other classmates. How do you think that would go over? Not well? Full of tension? Rampant hormones? Stress? Or is everything all hunky dory?

Tensions mount as one of the classmates is accused of murdering previous group members, and then someone is bitten. What is going to happen now? Meanwhile, Sloane is struggling with her own demons. Such as her sister Lily who abandoned her to their abusive father. Maybe the zombie invasion is just what Sloane needs to finish her original task.

Stylistically the e-book version of the book is stunning. I cannot wait to see what the finished printed product looks like. Blood splatters across the new chapter pages.

I have a love-hate relationship with zombies. I absolutely love zombie movies and books, but they are also the stuff of my nightmares. I don't know why, but I dream about having a zombie fall-out shelter. One of the reasons I loved this book so much is because it sat with me long after I finished it. it haunted me. It still does. Damn ending!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This is Not a Test.