Literary Cravings's Reviews > Ecstasy in Darkness

Ecstasy in Darkness by Gena Showalter

Jul 29, 11

What Worked

The Romance- Exciting, fast paced and enticing. Watching Ava and McKell fall into passionate lust then passionate love was such a joy.

The Drama – Loved all the obstacles that Ava and MacKell had to face, with their romance as well as with themselves. Making this not an easy romance as well as the kick ass villains.

The Villains- As dangerous and devious as villains need to be. They brought the real mayhem and danger, plus a whole lot of revulsion.

The Aliens- I didn’t know it was possible but Gena Showalter found a way to make some compelling Aliens both hot and repulsive at the same time.

The Action- This story was filled with so much action I couldn’t put it down.

Characters

Ava- Strong, Crazy, Impulsive. She was such a great character. Loved her snarky voice and crazy attitude. I never knew what would happen next with her.

McKell- Brooding Vampire Man Candy. Loved his crazy up front self. He didn’t mince words and actions. Giving Ava a run for her money.

Noelle- Funny, Crazy Best Friend. She and Ava were like to peas in a pod and I enjoyed her crazy smart mouth and the mischief her and Ava concocted. Can’t wait for her story.

Overall

Rubbing my hands in anticipated glee I dived into Ecstasy in Darkness, Gena Showalter’s Alien Huntress world expecting to be greatly entertained and I’m happy to say I was. Everything was engaging from the crazy kick butt characters that jumped from jokes to violence as swiftly as a blink; to the crazy journey that they all went through both romantically as well as on a mission to save the world. Gena Showalter took me on a wild ride that I didn’t know how it would end. Ms. Showalter had me from her first Alien novel and I can’t wait to read the next installment.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ecstasy in Darkness.