(Nat) Reading Romances's Reviews > King and I

King and I by Opal Carew

Apr 11, 2016

Read on July 29, 2011

Aria wins a trip to a luxury resort. There she meets other women who also won the travel package and expect to have some very sexy encounters. After taking the elevator to the VIP party, the group is told that they were transported to a spaceship. There she meets the hottest man -- or alien -- alive. He's Captain Tai Gaman and he tells her she's some kind of soul mate to their king. What's up with that? Is he telling the truth? But none of that matters anymore, cause now she's falling for him. Hard.
The major problem with this book is the description: it basically gives away the whole story to the reader. If you forgot the description and focus on the story, you'll enjoy this hot ride.

Aria and Tai are explosive together and all the other characters who feel shy will eventually leave it behind and take all that's offered aboard the ship. They all seem to be -- a little too -- comfortable with their sexuality and express it anywhere and around anyone. I'm very happy that the author knew how to deal with that and not take it over the top.

The King and I is a fast paced read with a light comedy line at the beggining and a lot of incredible, hot scenes that will make you, at least, blush. I would have gladly read this story as a full novel, as it certainly has enough potential and material to be.

Originally published at theromancestudio.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read King and I.

04/11 marked as: read