Joell Smith-Borne's Reviews > I Shall Wear Midnight

I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett

Jul 29, 2011

bookshelves: sf-f, ya-fic
Read from July 29 to 31, 2011

I listened to this book in the car on my way to and from a family reunion. It was a a lot of driving in a pretty short time, but this book really made it easy. In fact, I was sort of excited to get back in the car and get back to the story, even after driving for 5 hours. This is the second Tiffany Aching story I've read, but it's the fourth in the series. I read one other, Wintersmith (Tiffany Aching, #3), the third in the series, a while back. But I haven't read the first two and now I am extremely motivated to get to it! I have the first one, The Wee Free Men: A Story of Discworld, at home and I'll have to get my hands on the second one, A Hat Full of Sky (Tiffany Aching, #2), ASAP.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Shall Wear Midnight.

Jenny (Reading Envy) Ack! You're reading them backwards! I only liked the first one enough to try the second, and I felt they got better and better, although Wintersmith may be my favorite. Intentional or not, it felt like the tone of the books changed as she grew up (and wiser), so I would guess that reading Book #1 last would make it even sillier than it seemed reading it first. I did love these though!

Joell Smith-Borne I think I'll be okay with Wee Free Men being silly--I've been looking for a book to get Jaden turned on to Pratchett, and I'm hoping this might be the one. The other Pratchett YA (The Amazing Maurice & Nation, as well as the 2 Aching books) I've read is too mature for him so far. Maybe I should check out the Johnny Maxwell books too, though.