jenjn79's Reviews > Killjoy

Killjoy by Julie Garwood

Apr 02, 08

bookshelves: info-full, genre-romance-suspense, reviewed, 2008, z2008-jan-june, author-julie-garwood, stars-3
Read in April, 2008

Fairly good book, but I was disappointed a bit in it after being excited to read John Paul's story.

I liked the plot of the story. It was interesting and kept me wanting to read more. The tie-in to Garwood's previous romantic suspense "Mercy" was cool. And I like the character continuity she has had through these minorly connected books.

What disappointed me was the romance and sort of the depth of the characters. John Paul was fascinating character created in her last book. I couldn't wait to read his story, but once I did, I was left feeling a bit unfulfilled. I'm not really sure what it was that didn't do it for me, but there was just something lacking. I want to say there was a certain emotional depth missing, but I'm not sure that's it. As for the romance...John Paul and Avery had potential to be a great couple, but I didn't feel connected to them on a romance-level. They just seemed to be there and involved.

But overall, I didn't have any trouble getting through the book. I didn't absolutely love it, and I didn't hate it. It was an average good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killjoy.