Laurie's Reviews > Earth Blend

Earth Blend by Lori Pescatore

Sep 11, 2011

bookshelves: action, contemporary, fantasy, fiction, kindle, paranormal, read-in-2011, romance, teen, young-adult
Read in September, 2011 — I own a copy

This fast-paced second installment in the Blend series delves deeper into Julie's horrific past and helps us better understand her as a character. Additionally, she and Austin both discover surprising new talents and learn that people whom they have trusted have fabricated lies and deceptions that are finally revealed.

The author artfully develops the world-building begun in Human Blend, and many questions that lingered from the first book are answered, even as new developments kept me reading and anticipating the twists - rarely did I guess correctly, but that just made this installment all the more satisfactory. The events unfold in a straight-forward manner with non-flowery prose that seemed to fit this tale perfectly. I felt a justifiable satisfaction at the ending, and I definitely look forward to the continuing saga in the next book. This is a winning series that, in my opinion should appeal to a broad spectrum of readers.

An ARC copy of this book was provided to me for review by the author. My opinions are my own, and I have received no other compensation.
Laurie-J
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Earth Blend.