Mike Tueros's Reviews > Cross Fire

Cross Fire by James Patterson

M 50x66
Jul 29, 11

I continue to read this series only because I've committed to the first 16 of the series (or however many there have been). There isn't much substance as Patterson churns out 20 novels a year and Cross Fire was more of the same formula I've come to expect. Alex Cross continues on in his perfect life, and for probably the 6th time in the series faces off against Kyle Craig (aka the Mastermind). This time Craig has gotten a new face through plastic surgery and has found a new angle to battle his long time foe. Like the super-villains in the comics though, Craig creates elaborate schemes to kill Cross and "make him suffer", however the hero always triumphs in the end. Along the way Cross gets married (to a new wife who seemingly doesn't care that he's gone 99% of the time fighting crime), solves 2 other crime sprees in the D.C. area, the kids have gotten much smarter and unlike any other teenagers in this country have no interest in video games or the internet, but rather playing Go Fish with their now 92 year old grandmother. Yea - that makes sense. Why do I keep reading this series?!?!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cross Fire.