Dave Jones's Reviews > Green: The Beginning and the End

Green by Ted Dekker

Nov 03, 11

bookshelves: sci-fi-fantasy, spiritual, fiction
Read from October 20 to November 03, 2011

Due to some time-traveling paradoxes, this book can be considered both a prequel and a sequel to Mr. Dekker's brilliant Black, Red, White trilogy (aka "Circle Trilogy"). This book was good but not up to that standard. I tried to put myself in the shoes of someone not familiar with the Circle Trilogy in reading this book. Would I continue the series? Probably but when I finished Black, I could not not continue the series -- it was that good!

This story used Biblical parallels as a plot device. We've got a fictional reboot and juxtapositional take on Abraham's sacrifice of Issac and Elijah's contest against the prophets of Baal in the same scene here in Green. The climactic battle of the book was also very Armageddony.

I also did not realize the connection with his Paradise book. When I read Paradise, I did not realize there was a tie-in to the Circle. Perhaps I'll pursue this storyline.

This is good fantasy fiction with a spiritual elements mixed in. If you read Green, be sure that you continue the story with Black, Red, and White books or you may be disappointed.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Green.

10/21/2011 page 6