Julie's Reviews > Could It Be Forever?: My Story

Could It Be Forever? by David  Cassidy

Jul 29, 11

I was a huge fan of David's in the 70's, I found this book to be a bit self pitying. problems blamed on his parents divorce, how many kids come from broken homes and dont need therapy ??. He wanted to be a big star and then made it but got all the problems that come with it, lack of privacy, you are owned by the record company, so then blaming all the problems on the fact he was a huge star !.Then a story that is so common amongst a lot of bands and stars basically making loads of money but then it all disappears into various management funds and you are left at the end with nothing. I admire him for the fact he got on his feet again and seemed to find happiness doing the sort of music he wanted to do, finding a new business in his hobby of horse breeding. Finding happiness in his 3rd marriage and starting a family and becoming closer to his estranged daughter. I found the book a bit annoying also that it was basically his story and then all of a sudden you had other people , his brothers, friends ect writing a few paragraphs, how did that work did he stand over them and tell them to write something nice about him ! This book did take me back to the teenage days of posters, teen magazines, running home from school to watch your favourite star, and teen crushes, must admit i still find him fanciable !

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Could It Be Forever?.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Megan Mukerji I agree with you about the highly complimentary paragraphs written by other people about himself that he inserted throughout the book. How sincere could they be? Hey, can you write up something about me that I will read and put in my book about myself? Is anyone going to write anything negative? Would anything negative get in the book in the first place? that was a little distracting.

Nicola-Jane Henfrey He did blame so much on his parents divorce and to make it worse, those random paragraphs kept referring to it as if it was the sole reason his childhood was empty.