Jennifer Whiteford's Reviews > Suck It, Wonder Woman!: The Misadventures of a Hollywood Geek

Suck It, Wonder Woman! by Olivia Munn

Jul 29, 11

bookshelves: 2011

I wasn't sure if I liked Olivia Munn or not, but I will read almost any book written by a female comic. After reading this book, I have decided that a) I like Olivia Munn, but b) I did not like this book. It is horribly written. She uses the same jokes over and over again. She contradicts herself by writing about how proud she is to be "curvy" but then writes about how before photo shoots she eats no carbs and exercises obsessively for a week. What kept me reading was the flickers of her actual personality that came through occasionally, like in the stories about being rejected in her youth and in one particularly poignant chapter about her grandmother's death. Towards the end she writes about being nervous about going on Jimmy Fallon's show because she didn't know whether to be herself or to be funny, which was basically the problem with the book. When she was herself it was interesting. When she was "funny" it was pretty awful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Suck It, Wonder Woman!.