Catherine Woodman's Reviews > Remembrance of Things Paris: Sixty Years of Writing from Gourmet

Remembrance of Things Paris by Ruth Reichl

Jul 29, 11

I bought this, and several other books in the Food Modern Library series after reading Ruth Reichl's edited edition, Endless Feasts--and I had high hopes for this volume, but it turns out that indeed, I do not love Paris, it is France that I love. I read it in France, and was very much loving the things about France that I hold dear, so it was not a 'far removed' sort of problem. I do agree with my spouse, that the first 50 pages are very slow and it gets much much better after that, and there were two recipes that I marked and plan to make. But I brought home 6 pages of notes on things that I ate in restaurants while I was there that I want to do at home or incorporate into my cooking, so in other words, much more from a 10 day trip than this book provided. I would recommend it for a Francophile, or a Ruth Reichl fan (her piece in the book is classicly great, and so much in her style).
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Remembrance of Things Paris.