Tammy's Reviews > Trace

Trace by Patricia Cornwell

Jul 29, 11

bookshelves: hated

I found this book while I was in Amsterdam a few weeks ago. It had just been released and I couldn't wait to get it in paperback so I got the brand new hardcover. I just couldn't wait to see if she will redeem herself in this book. After completely changing the style that she writes the Scarpetta series and being severely disappointed in her latest (Blow Fly) this is her chance to win me back. So far I'm not even halfway through but I'm not impressed. It's the same choppy story as the last one, changing view and always in 3rd person. I miss the earlier books where you really could get a feel for Scarpetta and the people around her. It's all so exaggerated now, just can't get into it. I'll give an update when I'm finished.
Update: Only halfway through the book now. Been trying to get through it for a few weeks. It is as lackluster as Blow Fly and I'm having trouble trudging my way through it. I'm hoping there is some sort of climax soon because the book is dull, scattered and boring so far. So disappointed..
Update 2: Nov 10, 2004 - Finished the book last week and feel like it was a complete waste of time. So sorry to see Cornwell take such a massive decline. I will continue to read her books in hopes that she will realize where she's gone wrong and go back to her old style of writing.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trace.